Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Vintage Eye Candy

Always a lover of color, the collection of vintage fabrics that Abby recently acquired really caught my eye.  When I walk through craft stores of today, I can't seem to find a quality fabric for home decorating with the kind of color that I crave.  I have no use for muted, neutral tones.  Give me bold, obnoxious color.  A row of brightly colored pillows of differing patterns and shapes on a brilliant red couch.  Curtain with florescent flair.


I can't stand to be surrounded for too long by pale tones.  It depresses me.  I once used a large beach towel with citrus colored fish as a temporary upholstery cover on a headboard at a bed and breakfast.  Too many days in that muted room would have been my undoing.
Abby will likely turn these fabrics into something lovely.  Here's a few ideas for inspiration!
Click on the links for purchase information from the creators!  Happy coloring!

No comments:

Post a Comment