Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Flowers and Ruffles

It may just be because spring is FINALLY here in the Adirondacks, but I am totally obsessed with flowers at the present.  In particular, the ones that you wear in your hair and as accessories.  I stuck a flower pin on an old necklace this morning, and now I am inspired to add flowers everywhere.  There are options for every taste and budget.  I prefer the shiny colorful types, while Abby prefers the victorian and delicate styles usually.
Delicate Bracelet
Victorian Style with a Modern Flair
Skinny Belt, Big Flower
My birthday is in September, just in case anyone wants to buy this for me.
Handmade flower bracelet from Etsy
Thanks to the incredibly creative gals at 100 Layer Cake, and the amazing talents of Heart of Light, I have plans to make my own belts (like the ones below) soon.  Check out the step by step instructions.


If you have a favorite flower accessory, or have made one of your own, please post a comment and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment