Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hello Chocolate, My Old Friend

It is not an exaggeration to say that in this world there are few things I value more than a really good piece of chocolate.  The hunt for it is endless.  There are so many poor quality chocolates masquerading in nice wrappers and pretty boxes.  But when I find a rich, creamy, smooth, velvety chocolate - ah!  The sweet, delicious satisfaction!
Chocolates created at The Chocolate Mill
I am partial to dark chocolate, preferably accompanied by a glass of full-bodied red wine.  During the long, winter evenings, I curl up by the wood stove and read a book with Chocolate and Merlot, my dear friends.  It is enough to make me thankful for short, cold, sunless days.

My favorite chocolate of late is the Caramel with Sea Salt sold at the The Chocolate Mill in Glens Falls, NY - who also brew an incredible cup of coffee.  On my latest trip there, I had sweet potato soup and a house salad.  Both were delicious.  After eating my fill, I purchased chocolates to bring home.  And as soon as this blog is finished, I think I will open the box and uncork the wine.

The little chocolates are the caramels with sea salt
This seems like a good time to wrap up this post, don't you think?  After all, my friends are waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment