Monday, October 18, 2010

The Difference a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make


Oh Monday!  Cruel, unrelenting Monday!  How harsh is your arrival in the morning as I hide under the soft down comforter.  Even the sun behind the fog is hiding from you.  Couldn't you once just pass me by?  I can not bear to face you, with your schedules and chores and tasks and demands.

But wait...  what is that I smell?  Wafting up the stairs to me, infiltrating my down-covered cave.  I throw back the blanket and rise from the bed.  One foot in front of the other.  Past the laundry hamper spilling over, down the steps with their chipped paint, through the hallway in need of a vacuum.  There.  On the counter.  The beautiful black machine with the musical sounds of dripping and steaming.

I grab a mug and fill it with the dark and delicious drink.  I breath in the aroma.  I take my first hesitant sip, testing the temperature.  Then I take a large gulp, full of creamy roasted goodness.  And I smile.

Don't you just love Mondays?

For all you other coffee lovers out there, here's a link to my favorite coffee of the moment.  Hope your first cup of coffee this morning was as good as mine.

http://www.harrybeanscoffee.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment